Blitz: The League II
Blitz: The League II is the latest game in Midway's Blitz series of football games. It is scheduled to hit the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 October 13, 2008. Though little information has been released, the official website continues to update fans about the development. So far 6 new teams and 3 relocated clubs have been announced. The new teams are the Los Angeles Riot, the Philadelphia Brawlers, the Houston Riders , Vancouver Beavers, Milwaukee Hounds and Atlanta 404. The relocated teams are the Miami Hammerheads (former Orlando Hammerheads), Cleveland Steamers (former San Diego Cyclones) and the Mexico City Aztecs (former Dallas Aztecs). Lawrence Taylor (L.T.) will also be involved in this edition of Blitz playing as Quentin Sands with the New York Nightmare, his team from the original game (Blitz: The League). The game also continues to allude to real-life scandals involving NFL players, as former Washington Redhawks Quarterback Mike Mexico is now serving time in prison. This situation is similar to the Michael Vick dogfighting scandal. There are also allegations of the New England Regulars cheating in a championship game, a reference to the New England Patriots Spy Gate.
* Realistic Injuries/Down-To-Detail Injuries
* Minigames to heal or juice (Popping someone's arm back into place.)
* Create Touchdown Combos
* Create your OWN player as well as new team. (dubbed "Franchise", team dubbed "Franchise's team")
* Darker, Deeper Campaign
* Precision Aim Tackling System (aim for the thigh, foot, back, shoulder, knee, etc)
* Improved Graphics
* New Late Hit Beatdown system (you dirty hit someone, you can stomp on their helmet three times, or they can counter it, similar to previous NFL Blitz games where you could body slam the ball carrier after a play.)
Blitz: The League II is a Sports, Football-game for the developed by Midway Games and published by Midway.
- US October 13, 2008
- EU October 24, 2008
- JP N/A
Missing or erroneous information? Shout at us on Twitter